8.17.2011

no looking back

Recently, I have transitioned from being a full time nurse to feeling unemployed in some ways. Another new adjustment is when John and I signed a lease for our rental downtown. In many ways there have been times where I have enjoyed this season and sometimes like yesterday, I had to tell John I was bored. Mind you I've done the usual things like get in the Word in the morning and then I even did a sewing project. I heard Beth Moore speak about being prepared by getting in these promises ingrained on my heart for those seasons of desert and spiritual battles. I desire the realness of knowing God like when I pray with John, there's a God who loves the people of Dayton more than we could ever love them. He can care much greater for their hearts and souls than we could ever imagine! God is using us for his purposes and we want to give Him our all. I love that TCC is an established church and it cares so much for it's members and right now I know that I cannot compare our new beginnings with something that God has started. He is at work, I will be going with Him. The members still remind us of His goodness from time to time and it is amazing to hear from them. True encouragement comes from the Father, and I pray I will run to His tender arms of mercy and run to His loving embrace. May my comfort always be seeking out my Savior and not the safer and the familiar things.

No comments:

recently in blogging

Followers of Christ

My photo
So that every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of the Father. Philippians 2:10-11